The whole world is affected by the epidemic of coronavirus. About 80 percent of corona infections are mild, which can be cured. 15 percent can be severe or severe, where oxygen is needed. And 5 percent of critical, where ventilators may be required, even death due to respiratory failure.
Those who are particularly at risk for Corona infection are diabetics, patients with heart failure, kidney failure patients, asthma or chronic bronchitis. There are also those whose immunity is low, such as patients receiving chemotherapy. What diabetes patients should do to reduce the risk of Coronavirus?
Why diabetes patients are at risk:
Many of the elderly people have diabetes. On top of that, large diabetes patients have blood sugar out of control. Diabetes reduces the immunity of patients. The ability to fight any germs is reduced. Again, patients with diabetes have kidney complications, heart disease, etc. Diabetes patients are at high risk of being infected with the coronavirus.
The level of diabetes control (HBA1C) in diabetic patients plays an important role in this regard.
To whom diabetes control is as bad, his risk is higher. HBA1C level 7% at blood means uncontrolled diabetes. So in the current situation, more aware is important for diabetes patients.
To epidemic the Coronavirus diabetes patients should do :
1. If diabetes patients find any Coronavirus infection (For example, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) should be contracted with a doctor as soon as possible.
2. The highest effort should be taken to control blood sugar. Talk to the doctor if necessary to start insulin. Insulin is able to control sugars in the fastest time. On an empty stomach, sugar should be reduced to less than 6 1 millimole and food should be taken in less than 8 1 millimole after two hours.
3. If the Coronavirus symptoms occur, even if Corona is unsure, he/she will have to isolate herself. That means you have to be in the quarantine. If the body is not too bad then it is better not to go to the hospital. However, contact with the physician or care center should be continued so that medical care is available quickly if needed.
4. At this time, those who are over 60 years old and those with diabetes, stay in the quarantine. Shopping malls, crowded places, social events should be avoided. Should be followed Corona prevention instructions. Can’t shake hands or hug with anyone. Social distance must be maintained. Must be at least three feet away from anyone to avoid infection.
5. No need to go to the park for walks at this time. To control sugar, you should walk at the home corridor and exercise lightly.
6. Wash your hands at least 20 seconds, also Personal hygiene must be maintained. If you touch money, newspapers, parcels, etc., you should wash your hands. Clothes should be washed at home rather than ironed in the laundry.
7. If someone is ill at home, diabetic patients should be separated first.
8. It would be better not to eat food brought from outside.